Patch 1.04 focuses on improving performance so that crashes and other related errors will not occur.
Aloy’s adventure has not had the expected triumphant premiere on PC, not at least when it comes to the performance of the adaptation, which was published with multiple problems. However, little by little, Guerrilla Games is implementing the necessary improvements so that the optimization of Horizon Zero Dawn in compatible is as expected. The Amsterdam-based developer has confirmed the release of patch 1.04, designed to improve stability and prevent the title from crashing during gameplay:
- Fixed a crash issue that occurs when a user starts a new game and their save slots are full.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash due to a temporary folder issue.
- Solved an issue with artificial intelligence that could cause crashes during combat.
- Fixed an issue with artificial intelligence in the EventMessageHandler.
- Eliminated a crash related to World Data sampling.
- Fixed a crash problem that occurred when modifying certain options in the configuration menu
- Eradicated an error that occurred after activating the “Greetings” option and exiting Photo Mode.
- Possible memory corruption fix in AI routines leading to crashes.
- Possible solution to a GPU hang.
We’ve just released Patch 1.04 for #HorizonZeroDawnPC! In this patch we’re addressing additional crash fixes, as well as several gameplay and performance improvements.
Thank you for your continued support!
🗒️ Patch notes here: https://t.co/evypyDv5eo
– Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) September 7, 2020
In the patch notes, Guerrilla Games reviews some of the problems to be fixed, errors that the players have indicated and that are still not solved. For example, some users have indicated that HDR is not working properly. Additionally, certain gamers are experiencing poor performance depending on which GPUs or hardware combinations. Dropping below 30fps, others have detected strange behavior from Aloy’s hair.
Horizon Zero Dawn, the first exclusive PlayStation 4 first-party game to come out on PC, also improves CPU performance and cutscene and dialogue.