With the start of the new financial year on Wednesday, there are some restructurings within Sony. This time in particular it concerns the Japan Studio, which has founded an external developer department.
Some departments were also renamed internally and divided into specialized areas, including product development, creative services and studio operations. At the same time, some positions will be newly or relocated. Here is a small overview that applies from today:
Organizational Changes as of April 1, 2020
- External Development Department established
- Product Development Department renamed Internal Development Department.
- Studio Operations Department renamed Finance & Administration Department.
- Creative Product Services Department renamed Creative Services Department.
- Product Technology Department deleted.
- Business Development Department deleted.
Personnel Changes as of April 1, 2020
- Kazuo Kato appointed Internal Development Department Head, External Development Department Head, and Creative Services Department Head.
- Naoaki Aoi set for the Finance & Administration Department
The Japan Studio is responsible for the development of numerous first-party titles, including AstroBot, PlayRoom, Gravity Rush, Knack, as well as many co-developments such as Bloodborne, The Last Guardian or Shadow of the Colossus.