The Star Wars and DC television series manage to win up to 9 Emmy Awards between them in the virtual gala dedicated to technical achievements.
This week a very special edition of the famous Emmy Awards is held in virtual format through several days dedicated to different sections, rewarding on a technical level two of the most popular and celebrated series of the last year, such as The Mandalorian from Disney + and HBO’s Watchmen, achieving between them up to nine Emmy Awards in different categories, as we say, always technical.
Emmy Awards Week
Thus, the final gala of the Primetime Emmy Awards 2020 will take place this coming Sunday, although during this week different digital events are being held in reference to all kinds of categories; and in the technical section there have been two big winners with The Mandalorian, the popular Star Wars series, and Watchmen, the new adaptation of the celebrated DC comic.
Thus, The Mandalorian, a series that we recently enjoyed the first trailer of the second season, has managed to win five Emmy Awards, which are:
- Best Special Visual Effects for Episode Chapter 2: The Child
- Best Cinematography for a Half-Hour Camera Series for Episode Chapter 7: The Reckoning
- Best Sound Mix for a Half-Hour Comedy or Drama Series and Animation for Episode Chapter 2: The Child
- Best Sound Editing for a Half-Hour Drama or Comedy Series for Episode Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
- Best Production Design for a Half-Hour Narrative Program for Episode Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
For its part, Watchmen has won up to four Emmy Awards, which are:
- Best Sound Mix for a Limited Series or Motion Picture for This Extraordinary Being Episode
- Best single camera image editing for a limited series or film for the episode A God Walks In To Abar
- Best Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie for the Episode This Extraordinary Being
- Best Fantasy / Science Costumes for the Episode It’s Summer And We’re Running Out Of Ice