The first of the great events related to Mega Evolution has Mega Pidgeot as its main reward. We know all the details.
Mega Evolution is already a reality in Pokémon GO. After months of waiting, we have the star mechanic of Generation VI available and, with it, Niantic has prepared a multitude of related events to take advantage of this option in battles and raids. In this article, we’re going to go over all the features, dates, and rewards available in one of them, the Mega Raids event.
Dates and details of the Mega Raid event in Pokémon GO
From this Tuesday, September 1 to Monday, September 7 (22:00 CEST), the main objective of all Trainers will be to complete as many mega raids as we can (here we have all the September raid bosses and how to defeat Mega Charizard X / And, Mega Blastoise and Mega Venusaur) to unlock Mega Pidgeot. By fighting and winning in Mega Raids, we will get Megaenergy, essential to megaevolve our Pokémon capable of reaching this temporary form.
- During this period, these are the main features of the Mega Raids event:
- Higher number of Mega Raids than normal
- Increased attack bonus from friends in raids
- Special field investigation with raid-related tasks; Limited Time
- Chance to earn Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise by completing Field Research tasks for this event
- Pokémon that will appear more frequently in the wild: Abra, Magnemite, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Electabuzz, Omanyte, Aerodactyl, Murkrow, Larvitar, Treecko, Torchic, Lotad, Roselia, Beldum and Cranidos. All can be seen in shiny form except Electabuzz and Cranidos
How to unlock Mega Pidgeot in Pokémon GO
Getting Mega Pidgeot in Pokémon GO does not depend solely on our ability, but it is a joint, cooperative task among everyone: you have to win 2 million Mega raids to unlock Mega Pidgeot in this type of special raid.
In other related news, we leave you with all the Eggs available for 2, 5, 7 and 10 km this September and all the research tasks of the mission “A Mega Discovery”. These are the mobiles that will no longer be compatible with Pokémon GO in October.