The event will last the entire last week of September and will feature the ability to unlock Mega Gengar for the first time in the game.
The Pokémon GO Mega Friendship Challenge has already begun. Players of the Niantic title can now access this new temporary event to welcome the mechanics of Mega Evolutions. In addition, it has the incentive of being the only method to unlock Mega Gengar for the first time in the game with the Halloween investigation, just as it happened this September with Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill. Let’s know all the details, missions and confirmed rewards.
Date and characteristics: Mega Friendship Challenge in Pokémon GO
The dates for the Pokémon GO Mega Friendship event are as follows: September 22 at 08:00 AM to September 28 at 10:00 PM (local time). Practically a full week with which we will be able to access a x2 in the duration of the Pokocho and the possibility of finding large Pokémon such as Lapras and Snorlax in the raids.
In addition, there will be an increase in Mega Beedrill Energy in field investigations and we will be able to receive Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise when we complete the exclusive field research tasks for the event, as we will see below.
- Large Pokémon that will appear more frequently in the wild: Furret, Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Arbok, Doduo, Onix, Alolan Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jynx, Pinsir, Lapras, Snorlax, Hariyama, Wailmer, Skarmory, and Mantine.
Temporary Research to unlock Halloween Research and Mega Gengar
By completing the research tasks we will be able to unlock another more temporary and exclusive one for this year’s Halloween event at the end of October, which will introduce Mega Gengar for the first time in Pokémon GO.
Mega Friendship Challenge Phase 1 of 4
- Catch 5 Pokémon – x3 Berry Frambu
- Make 5 Big Throws – x3 Poké Ball
- Give your partner 3 treats – Encounter with Houndour
Rewards: 35 Beedrill Mega Energy, 500 Stardust, x1000 XP
Mega Friendship Challenge Phase 2 of 4
- Catch 10 Pokémon – x3 Pinia Berry
- Use 5 berries to catch a Pokémon – x3 Poké Ball
- Get 1 candy when walking with your partner – Meeting with Buneary
Rewards: 40 Beedrill Mega Energy, 1000 Stardust, x2000 XP
Mega Friendship Challenge Phase 3 of 4
- Catch 9 different species of Pokémon – x3 Golden Frambu Berry
- Mega Evolve a Pokémon – x3 Super Ball
- Get 7 hearts with your partner – Encounter with Haunter
Rewards: 60 Beedrill Mega Energy, 1000 Stardust, x2000 XP
Mega Friendship Challenge Phase 4 of 4
- Claim your reward – x3 Silver Pinia Berry
- Claim your reward – x10 Poké Ball
- Claim your reward – x5 Ultra Ball
Rewards: Snorlax encounter, 2000 Stardust, x5000 XP