The second part of the game’s expansion pass will arrive on Nintendo Switch on October 23. New game mode, Calyrex and more legendary.
The Pokémon Company has released a new expanded trailer for Crown Snows, the long-awaited second part of the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass for Nintendo Switch, which will premiere on October 23. After the premiere of The Isle of Armor this June, the Galar region ends its content expansion process with this second area, a snow-covered area in the open world with a new game mode, characters, stories and Pokémon to capture .
All the news of Las Nieves de la Corona
Our mission in this territory, somewhat remote from the Galar archipelago, is to discover all the secrets that are hidden behind so much snow and low temperatures. The inhabitants of this icy area, surrounded by mountains, live in small communities, helping each other. At the beginning of the adventure we will meet Peony, who light the Las Nieves de la Corona exploration group.
Our mission? Investigate the territory and visit new Pokémon nests to wage new Max Raid Battles. This is one of the main novelties of this new Expansion Pass: we will be able to explore the depths of the Raids … and in company; specifically, in games with up to four players. In addition, the Snows of the Crown includes new outfits for the Trainer and new Pokémon that will expand Galar’s Pokédex with about 100 creatures; In total, the figure will remain at about 600 Pokémon within the universe of Pokémon Sword and Shield for Nintendo Switch.
Another novelty is the Estrellas de Galar Tournament, with which we will be able to face great stars of the region by teams; from trainers to Gym leaders, High Command members and more. The return of many of the legendary species of the previous seven generations (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola) represents a considerable increase over what we have seen so far in Galar.
Finally, it has been confirmed that on November 6 a version of Pokémon Sword and Shield with the Expansion Pass will be published in physical format and that Pokémon GO will connect with Pokémon GO through an update in both applications; the update will arrive before the end of this year.
New Pokémon in the Crown Snows
As we said, Las Nieves de la Corona incorporates new creatures and others from previous generations. In addition, a series of species is added to the equation on a regional basis; like the legendary birds of the Kanto region, now with a variant of Galar.
This will be the Dinamax Adventures: teams of up to four players
- Calyrex: Legendary Psychic and Grass-type Pokémon. He has nervous ability and is the main protagonist of Las Nieves de la Corona. “Long ago, this Pokémon ruled the Galar region. Despite its delicate and light appearance, each of its movements is full of dignity and grace ”. The legend says that you can see the past, the present and the future.
- Regidrago: After four generations, the Regi have two new components. One of them, this Dragon-type variant, which joins Registeel, Regice, Regirock and Regigigas. Great mysteries await us with this legendary creature.
- Regileki: as well as Regieleki, the electric version of the Regi, capable of absorbing electrons to maintain their life force since their body is made up of electrical energy. It will also have its own protagonist space in the DLC.
- Articuno de Galar: Psychic and Flying type, it is the regional variant of the already known Articuno. Will have Tenacity ability.
- Zapdos de Galar: The Strong Legs Pokémon will be a Fighting and Flying type with Competitive ability, a variant closer to the ground than the one we met two decades ago.
- Moltres de Galar: the Evil Pokémon, Sinister and Flying type with Wrath ability. Moltres says goodbye to his traditional Fire-type, but will remain fiery.
Pokémon Sword and Shield are available exclusively for Nintendo Switch. The Expansion Pass includes both The Island of Armor and The Snows of the Crown at a price of 29.99 euros through the eShop.