The presence of the weather includes directly in Pokémon GO and the types that we can find in wild environments. We review all of them.
Pokémon GO bases the reality of its fictional world on geolocation, time of the place where we are and, to a lesser extent, also the weather. You may have noticed that when it is night in real life, in Niantic’s game for iOS and Android it is too; that when it rains, the normal thing is that if you open the app it is also raining. The weather, however, has certain effects in Pokémon GO, it is not a purely aesthetic aspect.
How to check the weather in Pokémon GO
Knowing the weather in your area of Pokémon GO is very easy. Just open the app, tap on the sun icon in the upper right corner, and just take a look. For example, at the time of writing this article we see that it shows us Sunny weather, which means that there are several types of empowered Pokémon; they will come out more often in the wild and will be stronger. In this particular case, type Grass, Earth and Fire.
What types appear more and with greater force in each climate?
Finally, it is time to find out which types appear most frequently in each type of climate. Surely, due to the characteristics of the area where you live, you will show a lack or excess of some climates. In cities like Madrid, it rarely snows and it rarely rains; therefore, the most common is that we find a sunny climate, especially in summer.
- Sunny: Plant, Earth and Fire
- Clear: Grass, Earth and Fire
- Partly Cloudy: Normal and Rocky
- Overcast Sky: Fight, Poison and Fairy
- Rainy: Bug, Electric and Water
- Snow: Ice and Steel
- Wind: Dragon, Psychic and Flying
- Fog: Ghost and Sinister
- Rainbow: it supports Rain, partially covered and sky covered; we do not know its effects.
Bait modules, an alternative to attract Pokémon of specific types
The Bait Modules are a very useful object if we want to capture Pokémon of specific types in the wild. There are currently four types of Bait Modules, whose activation in a PokéStop will cause more species of the type suitable for the chosen Module type to appear in that radius for 30 minutes. Its price in the store is 100-200 Pokécoins per unit.
- Bait Modules: highest frequency of all types of Pokémon (100 Pokécoins)
- Magnetic Bait Modules: higher frequency of Electric, Steel and Rock type (200 Pokécoins)
- Glacier Bait Modules: higher frequency of the Water and Ice type (200 Pokécoins)
- Mossy Bait Modules: higher frequency of Grass and Poison type (200 Pokécoins)